|Safe & Secure Shopping||Worldwide Free Shipping|
|Generic Name : Topiramate||Brand Name: Topamax|
|Strength(s): 25 mg||Expiry : 2019|
|Average Delivery: 7 - 10 Days||Price: $0.27|
Topamax is the brand name of the anticonvulsant Topiramate which is one of the tried and tested medications for the treatment of epilepsy, migraine, seizures and other chronic diseases like obsessive compulsive disorder, hyper tension, bipolar disorder, eating disorder, obesity adhering to its mood stabilising properties. Approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, it is safe for the consumption of people belonging to different age groups as well as children. In addition, it helps in treating psychological disorders too. If the necessary precautions are kept in mind, it can prove to be very beneficial for patients of such chronic diseases.
Action mechanism of topamax
It suffers from ambiguity when it comes to understanding about the precise action mechanism about how this anticonvulsant actually works. Though the extended research based facts show that the increased serotonin levels in brain causing epilepsy or migraine are reduced by the medication of Topamax, henceforth expanding the blood vessels which helps it to resort to its normal blood circulation in brain cells leading to prevention of migraine or epilepsy attacks.
Benefits of using epilepsy pills
- Patients suffering from epilepsy and migraine show remarkable recovery with the medication of topamax for a period of six months. It considerably expands the blood vessels which suffer blockage because of the high serotonin levels in brain.
- It also proves to be helpful for obese people in significant weight loss by decreasing their unnecessary and abnormal food cravings.
- It also acts as a mood stabiliser and is very helpful in curing bipolar disorder.
- It comes with no prerequisites of taking the medicine after breakfast. You can consume it without breakfast too.
Dosage of seizures pills topamax
Topamax is available in the form of 25mg, 50mg, 100mg and 200mg tablets. The patient needs to swallow it with water without crushing or chewing it. The dosage is different for different age group. In children, the dose is decided according to the child’s weight and tolerance level. In case of old people or those above 65 years of age, the dose is decided based on the medication they are already having. Patients of migraine are given an initial dose of 20mg and depending upon the progress it is increased to 25mg for next few weeks. The epilepsy patients are given a dose of 400mg once in a day and those suffering from kidney issues are kept on low dosage of this medication.
Precautions while consuming bipolar disorder pills
There are certain precautionary measures which the patient should keep in mind and inform the doctor about the same before resorting to the medication of Topiramate. Few important precautions include:
- In case of women, it should be kept in mind that this medication can be dangerous for the unborn baby. So if you are pregnant or pregnant while on medication, consult your doctor. It should also be noted that if the mother is suffering from seizures, this disease can prove to be fatal for both the mother and baby. Such complications should be discussed with the doctor and medicine should not be discontinued unless advised by the doctor.
- This medicine has a tendency of damaging vision. So in case you feel severe pain around your eyes or witness blurred vision, immediately let the doctor know about it otherwise it can permanently damage your eyes.
- In some cases, once the patient starts feeling well, they discontinue the medicine which can have very negative and adverse effect on their health. It might even lead to increase in seizures. The medicine should be discontinued only when the doctor says so.
- You need to brief the doctor about your medical history and mention clearly if you have been suffering from any of the diseases like diarrhoea, diabetes, glaucoma, severe kidney problems like kidney stone or have been on dialysis or taking medication for any breathing problems.
- Family and friends should take proper care of the patient while on this medication, especially when the patient has a history of severe mood swings because this pills can at times accelerate mood swings which can result in suicidal thoughts too.
- Alcohol consumption should be stopped once on medication otherwise it can cause an unexpected increase in seizures.
- Diets with low fat and high carbohydrate should be taken to avoid the chances of having kidney stones.
- The medicine should be kept away from the reach of children and pets and stored at a cool and dry place away from humidity and sunlight.
Side effects of topamax (Topiramate)
The side effects can't be ignored and should be kept in mind before its consumption.
Common side effects:
- Stomach ache
- Heart burn
- Swelled lips, mouth, tongue.
Severe side effects
- It can permanently damage your vision.
- It can lead to abnormal sweating, heart burns because of unnecessary dehydration.
- It leads to concentration of ammonia in body causing vomiting with blood and excessive prolonged weakness.
- Suicidal thoughts are common for people on this medication so they need to be in constant vigilance of the family and doctors.